Letter to Stand Holders
As a result of the ongoing risk and disruption from the COVID19 pandemic, the ATSA Board has taken the decision to postpone the Independent Living Expo’s planned for Melbourne and Perth in October 2020 to May 2021.
Dates have been booked with the Melbourne venue (18-19 May 2021) and we are waiting for final confirmation from the Perth Showgrounds venue. There will be a formal announcement next week.
The following approach has been agreed for current bookings for the ATSA Independent Living Expos:
- Exhibitors can elect to transfer their booking to the new date(s).
- If this is your decision you do not need do notify ATSA/Interpoint
- ATSA 2021 will see exhibitor costs increase by 5%. Existing 2020 exhibitors who elect to transfer their booking will not be subject to this increase.
- Exhibitors who elect to not transfer to the 2021 events can receive a refund of 75% of their fees paid to-date. This level of refund reflects the costs already incurred for the events.
- If you wish not to transfer to the 2021 events please notify Interpoint, on the contact details shown below, by 30th September 2020. You will be sent an official cancellation form to complete which will require bank details to effect the refund, confirming the event you wish to cancel and officially declare the current stand contract null and void. (Please note, post this date the terms of your current booking contract will be applied)
- An exhibitor who receives a refund and then later decides to exhibit in 2021 will be subject to the new exhibitor pricing
The ATSA Board wishes to thank you for your support and patience as we have worked through the very difficult and ever-changing set of circumstances. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
The welfare of the all who take part in these events have been at the front of mind our minds and the ongoing boarder closures, combined with a threat of a second wave has created a risk, we believe, was too high for the attendees.
Despite COVID19, the interest in the events has been high with more than two thousand interested attendees having registered across the events.
We are now working to deliver two great events for 2021 where we will introduce technology-based enhancements to the Expos that will allow greater reach to persons who cannot physically attend. This will reinforce the ATSA shows as the no.1 disability events in Australia.
New marketing collateral with the revised dates will be sent to out later in the year and regular updates will appear in social media channels, ATSA and Freedom2Live newsletters.
To apply for an Expo refund please contact Allison Miller at Interpoint Events on 02 46461453 or email@example.com
On behalf of the ATSA Board, thank you for your understanding and we hope you are able to continue to support these industry events.
David Sinclair – Executive Officer
PS the postponement of the Melbourne and Perth expos to May 2021 means that the shows scheduled for Sydney and Brisbane will now take place in May 2022.